Diet for diverticulitis
Diet for diverticulitis? The diet for diverticulitis is necessary to improve your quality of life. Diverticulitis is an infection of an abnormal pocket (called a diverticulum) that forms in the intestinal wall. It is quite painful and often requires hospitalization.
Diverticulitis is an infection of an abnormal pocket formed in the intestinal wall, but with the Coherent Diet you can alleviate the symptoms that it produces
Diverticulitis usually presents in two phases, for this the diet for diverticulitis must be adapted to the symptoms.
- Avoid the proteins of milk (milk, yogurt and cheese) and gluten (present in all cereals except corn and rice) because, often aggravate the symptoms.
- Avoid: alcohol, coffee, sugar (dextrose, glucose, maltose, lactose, fructose, honey), refined carbohydrates, unfavorable fats (saturated and Trans), additives, dyes and preservatives, processed or highly processed foods.
- Follow a diet poor in waste. Avoid foods with a lot of fiber: whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits and fibrous meat. Try not to eat foods with seeds (tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries, cereal bread …) or remove them before eating them.
- Avoid irritants: spicy condiments, coffee, tea, coke, alcohol…
- Do not drink liquids in very cold or very hot temperatures.
- Eat quietly without arguments or tensions.
- Chew food well and rest after meals.
When the acute phase is controlled, it is necessary to prevent another outbreak by regulating intestinal transit.
Approximately 80% of the cells of the immune system are located in the intestine. Therefore, it is important to take care of the microbiota (previously called intestinal flora), which exerts an active defense barrier against microorganisms and regulates intestinal transit.
It consumes foods rich in probiotics, because the bacteria that form the intestinal flora transform the carbohydrates soluble in short chain fatty acids that serve as food to the epithelial cells of the intestine (enterocytes) and repair them if necessary.
Wheat bran and plantain help in the production of butyric acid, which is a nutrient for the mucosa of the colon.
In your diet for diverticulitis should increase the consumption of asparagus, spinach, beetroot, goat cheese, grated apple, onion and olive oil first cold pressure, which provide prebiotics, the food of the microbiota, also called probiotics.
You may also like to read : Modern Medicine And The Back
Diet for diverticula
Establish a fixed schedule of 5-6 meals:
- In all meals there must be: protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Three main meals and two / three snacks.
- Do not let more than an hour pass, since you get up without breakfast.
- Do not let more than 4-5 hours pass between meals.
- If you spend more than 3 hours from dinner at bedtime, you should take a snack (mid-morning or afternoon snack).
Fasting water with lemon
To start the intestinal emptying and stimulate digestion, liver and gallbladder. It balances the pH, because the citric acid of the diluted lemon generates a citrate buffer of alkalizing character.
At breakfast do not drink juice
- By removing the pulp from the fruit, insulin production is stimulated and intestinal inflammation can be reactivated.
- Add protein to your snacks
- The protein (lean meats, preserves, vegetable paté, nuts, seeds …), also favors the balance of the hormone insulin.
- In the meal follows the rule of the dish
- 1/3 of the protein dish.
- 2/3 of the dish of favorable carbohydrates.
- Unsaturated fats : extra virgin olive oil, nuts, avocado or olives.
- If they are less favorable carbohydrates only 1/3 of the dish and cooked al dente.
- Thanks to the Coherent Diet plate rule you can follow your diet for diverticulitis anywhere and maintaining a healthy diet.
Before dinner take the depurative broth
Diet for diverticulitis. Purifying soup this is the recipe for the depurative broth of the Coherent Diet.
Take a cup of this depurative broth for 15 days. Put in 2 liters of boiling water without salt: 2 leeks, 2 carrots, 1 small zucchini, 1 celery branch, 2 turnips, ½ green cabbages, thyme, bay leaf, tarragon, half lettuce. Keep on low heat for 40 minutes. Remove the vegetables (you can use them for another meal) and the broth that you over store it in the fridge.
Advice on your diet for diverticulitis
- Practice moderate exercise, at least a little more than usual.
- Prepare grilled foods, cooked, steamed, baked … Avoid culinary preparations that incorporate a lot of fat: fried, stews, breaded, stews, etc.
- You can flavor the food (lemon, vinegar, spices, pepper …), to flavor the dishes.
- Moderates the amount of salt. In case of fluid retention, “salt without sodium” is recommended.
- The coca-cola (zero or light), coffee, mate and tea are caloric, but they are powerful stimulators of insulin and inflammation, so it reduces their consumption.
- Try to reduce the level of stress because it causes the same physiological response as caffeine. It is advisable to practice relaxation or yoga techniques, in addition to following your diet for diverticulitis.
You may also like to read : Get the “Seal of Coherent Diet Quality”