Making Sure that your Boiler is Safe

Having a boiler breakdown is a real nuisance. If your boiler breaks during the winter, you have to wait for someone to come out and fix it, and often it can be difficult to stay warm. However, as well as being a pain to have to deal with, a broken boiler can also be a danger to health in some cases.

Image Credit

If a boiler is not functioning correctly, this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning which can prove deadly. One of the reasons why carbon monoxide can be particularly dangerous, is the fact that it cannot be smelled, seen or tasted at all. When we breathe in carbon monoxide, it takes the place of oxygen, so over time people who breathe it slowly become asphyxiated often not realising until it is too late.

Something that you should have in your home to help keep you safe from this is a carbon monoxide detector. It is also important that you know what the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are too. These include dizziness, feeling weak and/or confused, headaches, feeling sick and shortness of breath.

You also should ensure that you get a professional like this Evesham boilers company to check your boiler regularly, as they will be able to make sure that it is safe and it is functioning correctly. If you suspect that you have a problem with the boiler and that it could be producing carbon monoxide, it is always best to get it checked in this instance too.

Image Credit

Here are some of the signs to look out that may indicate this…

Low Pressure or Boiler Not Keeping Pressure – If you often find that the pressure has dropped from your boiler and it is not maintaining a steady pressure, then there may be a leak somewhere, or a blockage such as trapped air in the system somewhere.

Strange Noises from the Boiler – If you hear some strange sounds coming from the boiler, such as banging, humming or a noise like a kettle that is on the boil, then this is definitely a sign that there is a problem inside the boiler.

Water Leaking – Water that is leaking from the boiler is not a good sign, and it may be that you have a serious problem inside the boiler.